Thursday, August 6, 2009

I am so back!

After a small hiatus I am back on the running wagon. Okay okay, it wasn't small but I am back none the less.

Things have been pretty hectic with Uni and that little thing called life getting into the way. But today, after many days of thinking that I might go for a run today, I tied on my running shoes and headed out. Yay! I'm pretty proud because my lazy side was yelling at me to stay at home.

The run only last 15minutes but I was running for most of it with only a little bit of walking. The weather was amazing, even though it is the middle of winter. I got hot running in a long top and considered stripping off to my sports bra but I figured my stomach might blind a motorist with it's whiteness and possibly cause a accident. I kept it on, just to be safe.

Only a couple of my friends know this, but I am seriously considering joining the army. I have a passion for Civil Defence and the army is a really great way to get into the sector. One of my friends boyfriends is in the army and he took me up to the local base and showed me around. He answered my many questions and gave me a general overview of the army which the website couldn't really do for me. He basically calmed all my fears about army life but I was still freaked out about the All Arms Recruitment Trainig (Basic Training) but they had an online diary from a female recruit and she made it look really awesome (I'm pretty sure she was supposed to do that). You basically have to be really, really fit to enjoy AART and not find it ridicuosly difficult. So my plan at the moment is to get really, really fit and then make the final decision about joining. If I do join, and I really don't like it I can always leave and go back to Uni for the second semester next year. But we'll have to see what happens.

Anyway! Its great to be back! Can't wait for the times to come.

3 comments:

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

welcome back on the wagon :)

Katie said...

Thanks Heather!

Erin Conley said...

Good to see you back, Katie! And I respect your decision to consider joining the AART (I'm thinking that is probably the equivalent of my country's National Guard?). Regardless, if there are fitness standards that you need to achieve, we'll all be here to support you. Good luck!