Friday, June 26, 2009

Checking In.


My running program has proved elusive so far but I planned to start it tomorrow and finally get my butt on the road. At least I haven’t been sitting around resembling a couch potato... for the past week I have been working on my best friend’s farm, breaking in ponies. I was riding all day and trudging up and down massive hills often so it was a good pre-program jaunt. Some of the ponies were pretty feisty but thankfully I was only bucked off once and didn’t get hurt which would have been a bit of a downer. It was FREEZING down there. I was honestly scared of my toes and fingers getting frost bite (even with thick gloves and two pairs of socks). But thankfully it’s much warmer up here so I should be ok for my run. I also got dozens of flea bites while I was there. I have 30 on one leg alone and the itching kept me awake for ages last night, it drove me crazy.

I’ve yet to give up V but I plan to do that tomorrow as well. I really am going to miss that drink but sometimes you just can’t have what you want and I know I’ll be better off without it.

I’ve yet to post my proposed training plan so here it is. I got it from Complete Running.


5 comments:

Denise said...

Hey, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but YES...it does happen. It's not fun, but it's part of being a runner!! Enjoy! :-)

Erin Conley said...

This looks like a good starting plan! Alternating walking with running is an excellent way to begin, and if you stick to it, you'll be up to running 10 minutes straight in no time.

And yeah...try to get rid of the V. We all have to give up something when we decide to train and become healthier. For me, it was diet pop --- which is really, really bad for you. It was tough, but I did it, and the funny thing is that I don't even miss it anymore! Keep running...

Katie said...

Denise - Argh! Now I am going to be forever weary of it! Oh gosh... if it happens to me I hope no-one notices!

Katie said...

Thanks Erin! I really really want to make this happen so heres hoping I'm strong enough.

Aron said...

looks like an awesome plan!! day one is always the hardest, but once you are out there its awesome!