Thursday, July 9, 2009

Week 2 - Run 2

So I headed to Western Springs for my 2nd run of the week. It was pretty cold yesterday so I chucked on a long sleeve top instead of my usual short sleeve one. I'm usually pretty resiliant to Auckland winters since spending winter in freezing Taumarunui and Palmerston North.

The run started off well, I felt strong and was impatient to get into the 2nd set. I chugged along and reached the 3rd set. Thats when my lung started to hurt. I've been prone to lung problems in the past and am on an asthma preventative since previous illnesss' have made me susceptiable to asthma. When my lung starts to hurt, it generally means I'm getting sick.

I figured I should probably call it a day since the cold air would probably make the sore lung worse. So I started walking back to my car and the heavens opened up and it started to pour. I got soaked within seconds. I sprinted back to the car but there wasn't much point really.

So I am giving myself a day off today, so I can recover. The sore lung hasn't really come to much. I have a bit of a cough but nothing more. Lets hope it stays that way.

As you saw in my previous post Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend... I am giving up junk food. I eat WAY too much and its not doing me any good. I know its going to be hard because buying and eating junk food has become a habit but I'm up for the challange. My good friend Emma is also giving up junk food too, so we're going to support each other. I'm going to allow myself one treat a week because I know myself, and I know that I will just fail if I'm not allowed any junk food ever again. I'm excited to see the results of this new lifestyle. Anyone else want to join the challenge too?


No comments: